Please register for the next (ISC)² Kansas City Chapter Meeting and plan to attend the first Wednesday of the month-May 3rd! Registering will help us plan accordingly for meeting space, chairs and refreshments.
Register Now at Eventbrite:
- When: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 (The first Wednesday of every month)
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Where: Ruisch Auditorium at Black & Veatch
- Address: 11401 Lamar Ave., Overland Park, KS 66211 map
- Format: Round table, interactive discussion with security professionals from many different industries, tech companies and organizations, from upper management to operators who have many diverse experiences. We invite knowledgeable and expert members and guests to facilitate and keep the discussion moving along and on-task.
Next Month Meeting Details:
- Topic: Incident Response & Incident Management
- Sponsor (food & drink): SentinelOne
- Facilitator: Matt King
Mr King is a career security professional with experience in environmental, geopolitical, national, physical, and cyber security. Currently, Matt is focused on understanding the impact of our growing reliance on technology and the ease with which disruptive forces are able to inject chaos.
Matt King has 10+ years of leading people and projects. He held a variety of positions during his time as an Army Officer including management positions in operations, logistics, and communications. Since transitioning from the military he has served as a Project Manager for Incident Management (“IM”), a Project Manager in the Payment Card Industry, and a Security Consultant with the IM team. In these roles, he served as the primary point of contact for both proactive and reactive engagements managing dozens of projects and thousands of consulting hours per quarter. Matt thrived on the cutting edge of the Information Security world and used his broad expertise to resolve problems including malware outbreaks, credit card and data breaches, Advanced Persistent Threat (“APT”) attacks, and the development of Information Security Programs.
Mr. King has a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Environmental Engineering from the United States Military Academy at West Point. He is currently pursuing his MBA in International Business from the University of Kansas
Come prepared with your experiences, questions, and your security concerns that you wish to bring before a host of like-minded security professionals.