Please register for the next (ISC)² Kansas City Chapter Meeting and plan to attend the first Wednesday of the month-March 2nd! Registering will help us plan accordingly for meeting space, chairs and refreshments.
Register Now at Eventbrite:
Chapter Meeting Details:
- When: Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016 (The first Wednesday of every month)
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Where: THE CAVES! Cavern Technologies Phase 4
- Address: 17501 W 98th St #856, Lenexa, Kansas 66219
- Format: Round table, interactive discussion with security professionals from many different industries, tech companies and organizations, from upper management to operators who have many diverse experiences. We invite knowledgeable and expert members and guests to facilitate and keep the discussion moving along and on-task.
- Topic: Network security has evolved from the traditional “perimeter” firewalls, IDS/IPS, and static ACLs into mobile- or data-centric models that decentralize the security stack and place heavy emphasis on endpoint security. However, large-scale data breaches still continue their upward track (over 139 million PII/PHI records compromised in just the top 3 events from 2015) so what’s a security professional to do? Don’t neglect the common denominator in the vast majority of attacks: the network! Join representatives from network security specialists Lancope/Cisco and Damballa as we talk about network-based detection and mitigation of advanced threats in your environment.
- Terry Olaes is a senior Sales Engineer at Damballa, a network security company focused on detection of advanced threats in your environment. Prior to Damballa, Terry was the focal for a security incident at a major retailer that resulted in a trip to Capitol Hill, articles with Brian Krebs, and other unwanted attention. Terry lives in NW Fort Worth, TX and relaxes by gaming and letting his kids climb all over him.
- Brett Nelson is a 20-year veteran of the Information Security industry, holding engineering roles at Secure Computing, Ernst & Young, Juniper Networks, and Cisco Systems working with some of the largest enterprises in the world. Brett is a Consulting Systems Engineer in Cisco Systems Advanced Threat Solutions group. Cisco recently acquired Lancope where Brett was advising organizations on emerging internal security methodologies and Network Behavioral Anomaly Detection.
Come prepared with your experiences, questions, and your security concerns that you wish to bring before a host of like-minded security professionals.