Please register for the next (ISC)² Kansas City Chapter Meeting and plan to attend the first Wednesday of the month-September 2nd! Registering will help us plan accordingly for meeting space, chairs and refreshments.
Register Now at Eventbrite:
Chapter Meeting Details:
- When: Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 (The first Wednesday of every month)
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Where: THE CAVES! Cavern Technologies Phase 4
- Address: 17501 W 98th St #856, Lenexa, Kansas 66219
- Format: Round table, interactive discussion with security professionals from many different industries, tech companies and organizations, from upper management to operators who have many diverse experiences. We invite knowledgeable and expert members and guests to facilitate and keep the discussion moving along and on-task.
- Topic: Next Generation Firewalls
Jeremy Schulte – Systems Engineer at Palo Alto Networks
Provide pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex solutions. Work with vendors, partners, and sales to ensure that optimal systems solutions are provided to customers.
Mark Cole – Major Accounts Sales Engineer KS / MO at Fortinet
Mark has 20 years of experience in service provider, large enterprise, distributed retail, data center, K12, higher education, finance, healthcare, PCN and MSSP networks. He is a recognized expert in network architecture / infrastructure, he can solution sell, present, pilot, implement and close. Mark believes in his trade and it’s associated toolbox, he loves working with people in the field to address any projects, challenges or simple futures planning they have; specifically as it relates to security and threat intelligence
John Bloomer – Engineering Manager, Heartland Area at Check Point Software Technologies
John has been an information security professional sine 1994. Starting in the US Navy and continuing ever since. He has worked on some very rewarding projects and learned quite a bit over the years. John has built some great relationships and areas of knowledge His specialties are secure connectivity and communications, education, mapping security concerns to business goals, and executive communication.
- The Value of Advanced Firewalls
- What Questions to Ask About Next-Generation Firewalls
- Implementation Lessons Learned
Come prepared with your experiences, questions, and your security concerns that you wish to bring before a host of like-minded security professionals.