Please register for the next (ISC)² Kansas City Chapter Meeting, the first Wednesday of the month, August 5th! Registering will help us plan accordingly for meeting space, chairs and refreshments.
Eventbrite Registration Link (Free):
Chapter Meeting Details:
- When: Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 (The first Wednesday of every month)
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Where: THE CAVES! Cavern Technologies Phase 4
- Address: 17501 W 98th St #856, Lenexa, Kansas 66219
- Format: Round table, interactive discussion with security professionals from many different industries, tech companies and organizations, from upper management to operators who have many diverse experiences. We invite knowledgeable and expert members and guests to facilitate and keep the discussion moving along and on-task.
- Topic: “BYOD-Bring Your Own Device” With facilitator: Brandon Dunlap
Brandon Dunlap is currently the CISO at Black & Veatch, a global engineering, consulting, construction, and operations company specializing in infrastructure development in energy, water, telecommunications, management consulting, federal, and environmental markets.
Brandon’s history in the utility sector, most recently as the CMO of the non-profit Energy Security Consortium (EnergySec), builds upon his experience in providing strategic security solutions to heavily regulated organizations. His background in marketing and advertising also makes him a valuable resource for media and similar companies with strong privacy requirements.
Earlier in his career, Brandon designed and brought to market a tool for harmonizing controls as well as automating IT policy development, compliance and tracking. In 2005 he sold this technology and it is now part of a well-regarded IT GRC solution still in the market today.
Brandon’s broad presentation history, charismatic speaking style, credible experience, and vendor-neutral perspective have made him a popular presenter at technical and business-focused events
Brandon has also been quoted and profiled in major industry publications, including CSO Online,, Information Security Magazine, Dark Reading, Compliance Week, TechTarget’s SearchSecurity and InfoSec Professional, where he maintains a running column.
- Legal & Liability implications of BYOD
- Specific court cases involving BYOD