Email From (ISC)²:
(ISC)2 is proud to announce that the (ISC)2 Kansas City Metro Chapter has recently received its charter and is now an official chapter of (ISC)2! It will provide information security professionals in the local community an opportunity to build a local network of peers to share knowledge, exchange ideas and earn CPEs. In addition, you will be able to:
- develop or enhance your leadership skills by serving as an officer or chairing a committee
- pursue speaking or writing opportunities for chapter functions or general public
- collaborate with other local chapter organizations to develop synergy and share knowledge
- advance security awareness within the local community, from children to senior citizens
- mentor students as they pursue and enter the information security profession
The (ISC)2 Kansas City Metro Chapter will be holding its inaugural chapter meeting on January 7, 2015. Details about this event are listed below:
When: January 7th, 2015 (The first Wednesday of January)
Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Where: THE CAVES! Cavern Tech Phase 4
Address: 17501 W 98th St #856, Lenexa, Kansas 66219
To RSVP or learn more about the (ISC)2 Kansas City Chapter, please contact Keith Shaw at Kds4269@gmail.com .
That’s right boys and girls, we are meeting in a fricken cave! OH YEAH! How cool is that? For free!
Our format will set us apart from other local security groups, a roundtable, interactive discussion with security professionals from many different industries, tech companies and organizations, from upper management to operators who have many diverse experiences. We invite knowledgeable and expert members and guests to facilitate and keep the discussion moving along and on-task.